JOB TITLE: HEAD OF AUTOMATION
Who we are:
As BioNTech, We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases, and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted toward the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Along with the growth of BioNTech’s global footprint, BioNTech is staffing a new site engineering team. The site engineering is in charge to host and execute the local repair, maintenance, calibration, qualification and automation.
The site engineering team ensures equipment availability in GMP compliant manner. The mRNA manufacturing suites and its periphery are automated (PCS 7 SIEMENS for Process, BMS, EMS, MES) and host standard biotech unit operations (AHUs, Bioreactors, TFF, Filtration skids, etc. pp.)
Head Automation as Ass. Director Automation (Level 7 / 8)
- Responsible to lead a team of automation engineers
- System Owner for automation infrastructure (SIEMENS PCS 7) to operate process equipment, EMS, BMS, MES and interfaces to periphery (e.g. OSI Pi data historian, SAP ERP)
- Ensure automation infrastructure availability according to cGMP guideline
- Build and grow the automation team on site
- Training at our host sites (Mainly in Marburg and partially in Mainz) in the below mentioned areas / tasks for the initial 3-6 months
Completed academic degree (Dipl.-Ing. TU/ FH, B.Sc./M Sc.) with major in process engineering, mechanical engineering, or biotechnology
- At least 3-5 years of engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- English fluent spoken and written
- German & French highly appreciated
- High degree of process automation know-how for basic technical process operations
- Extensive automation knowledge and professional experience required
- SIEMENS PCS7 Know-how is a must (also other SIEMENS systems area required, e.g. WinCC, TIA etc.)
- Very good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work without supervision and to demonstrate job ownership
- Pronounced team and communication skills
- Analytical and concept-based thinking and acting
- GMP-related experience is a must
- Strong industry network to equipment vendors etc.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.