JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION PLANNER-AFRICA PLAN CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
The Production Planner’s primary role is to manage the end-to-end supply chain network, including third parties and production lines, to meet consumer and customer service objectives, whilst maintaining optimal distribution and production efficiencies. This includes the long-term horizon production planning (frozen period to planning horizon),
Perform medium to long term capacity planning and recommend solutions to possible imbalances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Drive the Production Planning process
- Responsible for weekly and monthly supply and product availability reporting including KPIs, monthly calls, weekly health tracker and/or risk assessments, sku exceptions.
- Understand the overall markets Demand and transform these requirements into a feasible Production Plan that satisfies customer needs.
- Manage the supply network plan (frozen period to planning horizon) of the assigned business area to deliver target OTIFNE service and inventory levels.
- Work collaboratively with Production Site Management and production schedulers to deliver market requirements.
- Address any supply disruption or conflict situation through consensus solution or recommendation for escalation.
- Link with Innovation to strengthen speed and support of new product launch.
- Responsible to identify risks and/or opportunities to the overall supply plan and execute necessary changes & communicate effectively to key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with Sites’ leadership, Demand Planning Manager and S&OP Business Partners to deliver market requirements.
- Liaise with Production and Materials Scheduling to ensure supply plans are effective, and to drive further manufacturing efficiencies.
- Conduct root cause analysis of multiple information streams as part of codification.
Creating and Maintaining Static and Dynamic Data
- Understand operational capacity, resources and constraints and make sure that they are reflected in the planning system (SAP APO).
- Maintain planning parameters to deliver a robust and achievable supply network plan.
- Continuously review and understand demand signal in the planning horizon and respond appropriately to changes in Demand.
- Assess and evaluate impact of production batch sizes, cycle frequency, shipment MOQ and plant finished goods inventory levels, to drive optimum in market stock availability
- Represent Supply Planning in the S&OP process, balancing demand and supply signals whilst ensuring strategy and annual targets can be delivered.
- Lead the Market Supply Review for the assigned Market (key part of the S&OP process).
- Actively revaluate production site capacity plan and highlight any areas that are capacity constrained to Supply Planning Manager and assigned market stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, mathematical, engineering, or business degree.
- APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
- +3 years Supply Network Planning (Production and Distribution) experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred
- Experience with advanced planning software with Supply Planning (SAP APO preferred)
- Experience working in centralized planning function preferred
- Baseline understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes; Supply Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Inventory Planning, Conversion, Logistics, Procurement and Customer Service
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the email below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.