JOB TITLE: MATERIALS PLANNER-PLAN COE
The Materials Planner in the PLAN CoE is accountable for managing supply and deployment of components/raw materials in assigned market’s supply facilities or assigned categories minimizing obsolescence costs for product and materials; making production and/or inventory sourcing decisions that support Supply Planning, DRP, and Manufacturing.
Responsible for the accurate and cost-effective management of returnable assets for their reverse logistics planning and reincorporation into production.
This role must be capable of performing root cause and trend analysis for critical case volume and inventory valuation data.
The role should strengthen and sustain effective communication between the CoE and key stakeholders in the markets, including Supply Chain Directors, Production and Materials Scheduling, as well as with Suppliers and 3rd Parties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Drive the Materials Planning process
- Facilitate a continuous replenishment of raw materials for the brewing and packaging process at all supply locations.
- Ensure rolling material plans developed and communicated to vendors, vendor capacity verified, any potential risks and opportunities identified and addressed.
- Ensure efficient communication between Supply Planning team in the CoE, local Materials Scheduling, and all production points and vendors in Africa.
- Communicate to appropriate stakeholders any/all risks to ongoing supply of finished product or raw material from all production locations.
- Develop and manage consistent inventory management practices and procedures.
- Support process improvement through interpretation of performance analytics
- Ensure an ongoing tracking of materials/supply chain metrics regarding service, cost, and cash flow.
- Perform root cause and trend analysis for critical case volume and inventory valuation data.
- Ensure category expertise is developed by Material Planners, with the vision to evolve to a category-focused team.
- Ensure that all master data pertaining to MRP (e.g., BOMs, recipes, lead-times, batch sizes etc) is maintained in the appropriate information systems (e.g. SAP, ECC6, APO).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, engineering, or business degree.
- APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
- +2 years in Material planning and/or procurement experience in CPG (Materials Management, Materials Planning)
- Additionally, some wider cross functional experience and beverage materials categories preferable. E.g. procurement, packaging, raw materials.
- Experience with advanced planning software with Supply Planning (SAP APO would be an advantage).
- Excellent knowledge of MPS/MRP and DRP methodology
- Experience within supply chain optimization, platforms (ERP / master data, time-phased replenishment planning systems).
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g. DRP, MPS, inventory, conversion, logistics and customer service.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the email below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.