The role is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the legal department, including carrying out administrative services, providing support to the legal team and ensuring that the organization is in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Undertaking compliance checks for Customers, Vendors, Landlords and employees.
- Development of contract summaries and database for all existing contracts.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the company.
- Preparation and Review of contractual documents to prevent or avert any risks to the business.
- Review of new statutes or Bills and assessment of their impact on the company.
- Liaising with other departments in managing legal matters.
- Collating and compiling Compliance returns and ensuring their timely filing.
- Conducting legal awareness and education to company staff through training, newsletters and development of FAQs.
- Mitigating or preventing litigation through the use of ADR and timely resolution of disputes.
- Researching on relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for legal opinions;
- Providing legal advice and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements;
- Undertaking administration and proper record keeping of departmental records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Occasionally deputize for the department head during absence to ensure the continuity of legal services within the assigned mandate.
- Compile a fortnightly report on the achievement of performance targets and update on tasks assigned.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:-
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in legal practice in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required
- Negotiation skills
- Conveyancing skills required.
- Ability to apply good legal judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Ability to draft legal papers and work under pressure.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislative instruments, develop and present results, recommendations, and opinions clearly and concisely.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.