JOB TITLE: SUPERVISING PHARMACIST
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the pharmaceutical industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Supervising pharmacists to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
The company is looking for a licensed pharmacist with a readily available license to
supervise the company’s operations as we venture into the country as an importer and
distributor of drugs and medical consumables.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the company’s legal and regulatory setup as a pharmaceutical importer and distributor.
- Alongside the regional office, identify new business opportunities, shortlist the new products for registration after thorough market research and coordinate with the Head Office regulatory department for submission of the dossiers.
- Coordinate with partners and regulatory departments for new registrations, registration variations, PPB queries, plant GMP inspection (if applicable), and any other regulatory-related matters on a regular basis
- To prepare and periodically update the detailed customer lists as suggested by Head Office, For example, Doctor Master List, Pharmacy/Pharmacist Master List, Wholesaler Master List, Hospital Master List, PPB/Tender Authority Master List, Patch Master List, and any other list required by Head Office
- To conduct regular Joint Field Work (JFW) in the field with team members & during JFW, evaluate the level of implementation of marketing strategies and, in case of any gap, take corrective actions
- To conduct on-the-job training to improve sales team member’s effectiveness in the doctor’s clinic & at the pharmacy counter to enhance prescription support for the products & increase the retail availability of the distributors at the majority of the pharmacy counters
- sharpen the skill set of team members
- To be thorough in product knowledge, therapy knowledge, customer knowledge and competitor knowledge.
- To give product training and conduct detailed practice sessions periodically for the local field staff.
- To coordinate with PMT, organizing body and event Management Company for the smooth execution of Afiya Pharma’s participation in scientific conferences/trade fares.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the key officials of the local PPB for smooth coordination with them for regulatory matters.
- To ensure compliance with Head Office policies in terms of reporting and also to ensure timely reporting of the team members.
- To closely monitor and control expenses in line with an approved budget
- To maintain healthy business relationships with customers like Doctors, Pharmacies, Paramedics, Wholesalers, PPB officials, Tender authorities etc. and enhance the image of self and the company
- To keep track of customer conversion/retention (MR Wise, product-wise, month-wise) and to produce the same as and when asked by immediate superior/Head Office
- To maintain records for overall, territory-wise, product-wise, customer-wise sales, marketing activities and their expenses, and other related records needed for business analysis and to produce the same to immediate superior as and when needed.
- Ensure sufficient inventory for each product at the country level to avoid loss of sales. To avoid/minimize expiry at the country level.
- To ensure sufficient orders for each of the products from partner (as per the formula suggested by Head Office) monthly or as and when needed.
- Coordinate with the Head Office and Partner’s supply chain teams for managing each product’s inventory and timely receipt of stock in the assigned country/countries
- To ensure timely payment from Partner(s)
- The Supervising Pharmacist must gain sufficient knowledge and understanding about the local laws of the country and ensure compliance with same so that the image and business do not get affected in the country/countries being looked after by him/her
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Post-graduate certification in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Project Management.
- Proven experience working with an international pharmaceutical company in a similar capacity (even at a more junior level) a plus.
- Proven knowledge of regulatory affairs is essential for excellent performance in this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver’s license is a plus.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven leadership and management capacity.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.