JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
We are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Accountant to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
The role is responsible for revenue processing, client billing, managing claims to both the outsourced clients and creditors on a timely and accurate basis, ensuring that such claims are within budget, duly approved, VAT and withholding tax are correctly accounted for, and the transactions are correctly recorded. The role is also responsible for providing timely, accurate, relevant and reliable management information as per Finance Management Policies and Procedures while maintaining tight budgetary control.
Functions/Key expected results
- Ensure that tax is correctly accounted for on all payments in accordance with the Income Tax Act and provide suppliers with their Withholding Tax (WHT) certificates on a timely basis.
- Organized filing of documents for easy retrieval.
- Prepare adequate accruals for all unpaid invoices of a particular month and make releases once payment has been effected. All accruals should be reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Make reconciliations of prepayments, provision,s and staff advances and submit schedules within the required time
- In consultation with Finance Executive, maintain updated cashbook(s) for reference before any payments are processed.
- Ensure timely posting of all non-current Assets into the accounting software and issuing of Local Purchase Orders
- Deputizing the finance executive and assuming due accountabilities as may be advised by the supervisor.
- Prepare billing instructions for clients for the delivery of services
- Responsible for Issuing of Proforma invoices and all claims on a timely basis and ensure they have gone through the relevant approval process and within agreed service levels and ensure they are duly recorded in the correct entity.
- Regular updates of income stream through account reconciliation of project accounts; company expenditure, income etc.
- Organized filing of documents on receivables for easy retrieval.
- Verification and filing of all documents related to accounts receivables in the finance department.
- Reconciling the cashbook e.g., on monthly basis for prudent reporting
- Doing bank reconciliation and updating management as may be required from time to time.
- Regular issuing of updated monthly statements to clients by the 3rd of the subsequent month
Academic, Knowledge and skills
- University graduate level in Accounting or Finance.
- Enrolled, part or fully qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.)
- Knowledge of IFRS and Kenyan tax legislation.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in spread sheets and accounting software.
- 3 years working experience in a Finance related role.
- High integrity and strong character.
- Attention to detail
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Industry knowledge of finance and consultancy
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Industry knowledge of finance and consultancy is preferred.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.