Reporting to the Production Engineer the Electrical Technician will carry out the following activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure full adherence to planned maintenance program for electrical equipment
- Recording of energy meter readings
- Carry-out basic electrical repairs including portable tools, workshop machines and canteen equipment.
- Inspection and cleaning of diesel tanks
- Ensure that all electrical panels, workshops and installations are kept clean at all times
- Maintain high housekeeping standards in switch rooms, Transformer rooms and generator rooms at all times.
- Ensure all switch gears, energy meters, Power Factor corrections banks, air conditioners and firefighting equipment are operational and in good state.
- Replace light fittings, socket outlets, conduit and trucking while ensuring high standards of workmanship at all times
- Supports General Lighting, Emergency Lighting, Plugs, Generators, Meter reading, UPS, compressors, Ventilation Systems & Fans/Plant room, Cooling Towers, Lifts & Escalators, Central A/C Units/Air Handling Units/Split A/C units/Refrigeration, Chilled Water Systems/HVAC/CRAC Units. This includes daily inspections, with planned maintenance servicing.
- Statutory testing and inspections.
- Portable Appliance Testing to assure compliance
- Support installation of services to various points in the factory and offices.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry
- Repairs and maintains high voltage systems.
- To work hand in hand with other departments to ensure production of quality, cost effective product, whilst abiding by all statutory
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSK-QSS-ET– Electrical Technician”.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.