Reporting to the Production Engineer the Environment Health and Safety Officer will carry out the following activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to all relevant authorities.
- Conducting safety training and education programs, and demonstrating the use of safety equipment as well as maintaining and updating emergency response plans and procedures
- Developing and maintaining hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, as well as medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Inspecting and evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations and to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
- Providing new employee health and safety orientations and developing materials for these presentations.
- Recommending measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Managing environmental issues and ensuring compliance of the same as provided by statutory bodies NEMA, WARMA, DOSH, Public Health etc
- Engaging stakeholders on Environmental and corporate social responsibility matters
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Chemistry, Physics, Botany, zoology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Computer Science or its equivalent, from a recognized institution.
- Certificates in Health and Safety Management/Environmental Impact Assessment will be an added advantage
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSK-QSS-EHSO– Environment Health and Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.