About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Community Liaison Officer to work in the Albertine region.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly/Quarterly engagements with communities, tourism stakeholders, civil society and local authorities so as to do the following;
• Keep acquainted and follow up on any local concerns the stakeholders may have, mobilise for and organise regular public meetings in each community impacted by Company activities;
• Report weekly on community questions and perceptions about Company activities, general community issues and information important to Company, share general observations (in-migration to the area, new building being build etc.), conflict issues and/or rumours;
• Ensure access to, and maintain contacts with, key formal and informal stakeholders(opinion leaders) in communities on a regular basis.
Furthermore, the job holder will:
• Explain to stakeholders about Company’s operational activities and what the company is and is not, is able to do in terms of support to local communities and the tourism sector and to identify, if possible, opportunities for Company to support initiatives benefiting the community;
• Assist environmental, social and other Consultants in the consultation process with communities, local governments, civil society and tourism;
• Receive and help resolve grievances, rigorously following up and engaging relevant third parties, including the Social Affairs Coordinator, to intervene in order to close out the grievances
• Pass on to Head Quarters in Kampala, through the Social Affairs Coordinator, any correspondences addressed to Company Management by the stakeholders, and subsequently follow up on these in order to provide feedback to the stakeholders
• Handle any land access and compensation related initiatives, whether related to the E&A phase or the upcoming development phase, as the first point of contact as well as input into the processes to be aligned with, in conjunction with stakeholders;
• Be present (as the Social Affairs nominee) at any field visits so long as they are approved by Directorate of Petroleum or organised by Company or any of the JV partners;
• Supervise contractors’ local recruitment procedures.
• To subsequently supervise contractors’ or the Company’s access to land and the corresponding compensation process and to represent Company at cultural events as required.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- University degree in the Social Sciences, Anthropology, Human Resources Management or equivalent etc
• Professional experience of working with rural communities in Uganda, preferably within the Albertine area
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities, industry, NGOs and international organisations
• Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to chair large community meetings
• Negotiation, conflict management skills
• High computer proficiency especially working with worksheets, word and databases
• Good report writing and analytical skills
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) and local languages i.e. Runyakitara, Runyoro, Lugungu.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOT-CLO-COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER”.
Application Link: https://qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com/apply/wjC4IjbtAC/EACOPCLOCOMMUNITY-LIAISON-OFFICER
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, November 20th, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.