Company Name: Q-Sourcing Rwanda Ltd
Job Title: Quality Health Safety Environment Officer
Location : Kigali-Rwanda
Work Level: Mid-level
Reports: Head of Business
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a Manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and South Sudan.
We are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced QHSE Officer to work in our Rwanda operation.
The QHSE officer will be responsible for the company’s safety and development of QHSE services as a business line.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be the focal person for management of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015).
- Develop a QHSE enforcement and monitoring mechanism to ensure total compliance to regulatory and industry standards.
- Perform regular safety audits to ensure continuous improvement of QHSE standards.
- Lead person for QHSE Surveillance Audits.
- Carryout regular periodic reviews of all QHSE documentation and obtain timely approval of the same.
- Responsible for PPE management, in collaboration with respective Project/Account Managers.
- Review the maintenance schedule of the company safety equipment including the First Aid Box.
- Oversee toolbox meetings and give appropriate feedback to management and staff.
- Responsible for HSE trainings as a revenue stream service line to generate additional revenue for the business.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive OHSE training program for head office and project staff.
- Conduct quarterly evaluation on OHSE awareness and compliance.
- Collaborate with the IT teams to digitize QHSE related tools and mechanisms including but not limited to Audits, Surveys, Incident/accident reports, Corrective Action tools, Safety Manuals and Reports.
- Generate and maintain company QHSE data and periodically report the status quo.
- In close consultation with the IT Officers, integrate QHSE management with the ERP.
- In conjunction with Line Managers, ensure placement of competent HSE staff, identify safety committees and ensure effective, monitoring, and supervision.
- Develop and package HSE solutions specific to various industries for marketing as an additional service.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with regulators, partners, consultants, and clients.
- Prepare and ensure efficient implementation of QHSE annual budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to establish and monitor flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching.
- Minimum years Three (3) years relevant experience in the HSE operations at a Supervisory level is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering Discipline and Must possess a Certificate in OSHE from a recognised institution is an added advantage.
- Quality Management Systems (ISO) experience is an added advantage.
- Trainings in different EHS Certifications.
- Lead Auditors Certificate is an added advantage.
- High level of integrity required.
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solver.
- Assertive and influential.
- Excellent oral and written communication, reporting and presentation skills.
Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 Pm, March 9th, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL MONITOR TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.