About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Net Gain Engineer – Tourism & Communities to work on Site.
Job Title: Net Gain Engineer – Tourism & Communities
Reports to : Biodiversity Manager – Rangelands
- Participate in the development of studies and programs aimed at achieving the company objectives of NNL/NG under the direction of the Biodiversity Director for the Tilenga Biodiversity Program
- Work with partners, UWA, NFA, Uganda Tourism Board, tourism operators and communities to identify and roll out the initiatives aimed at developing tourism product(s) and community-based program(s) aimed at achieving positive outcomes for conservation and communities.
- Providing support to the Social Performance team to ensure that the objectives of the biodiversity program and those of social development/CSR are aligned
- These programs shall be aligned with the objectives of the Social Performance Team for community development and tourism management as well as the Tilenga Biodiversity Program targets, MFNP General Management Plan, local, district and regional sustainable development objectives and national policy.
- Assisting in the collection, compilation and analysis data designed to appraise efforts by the Tilenga project as identified in the Tourism Management Plan, Biodiversity Ecosystem Services Action Plan and Social Management Plan(s), feedback from tourist operators and tourism rangers to ensure systematic appraisal of the performance criteria.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and providing support to the field team for undertaking surveys and monitoring on performance of community and tourism initiatives.
- Develop scopes of work and review proposals to implementing partner(s) for initiatives to be undertaken.
- Conducting periodic research to determine the performance and economic contribution of the various initiatives.
- Collaborating with the Social Performance team in the development of a comprehensive strategy for community tourism
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Contribute as a specialist in the development of a strategy to roll out community-based initiatives, liaise with tourist rangers and operators to help promote alternative tourism products in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with other agencies and partners to obtain lessons learned and gain understanding of best practice in relation to development of tourism products and community-based tourism.
- Help to identify, and devise win-win solutions to, operational/ conservation/ wildlife tourism issues in Murchison Falls Conservation Area.
Contribute to producing internal and external publications
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in tourism, natural resources management or equivalent
- At least 5 year’s professional experience in implementing development or investment projects (preferably related to community development and tourism) in a private sector setting with demonstrated experience
- An appreciation of the workings of the Uganda economic / tourism / trade policies as well as a good understanding of private sector operations and concerns.
- A good understanding of private sector development issues affecting the Albertine and appreciation of the role the private sector can play in economic development
- Understanding of the extent and effects of youth unemployment; and of the social (especially gender and youth) dimensions of development.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different partners, including those in Govt, tourism sector and local community level.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of national legislation and applicable international good practice g., IFC, EPIV.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Strong report writing and analytical skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-NGT- NET GAIN ENGINEER – TOURISM&COMMUNITIES”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 18TH August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.