About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Net Gain Engineer – Forests/NBS to work on Site.
Job Title: Net Gain Engineer – Forests/NBS
Reports to : Biodiversity Manager Forests/Nature Based Solutions
- Participate in the development of studies and programs aimed at achieving the company objectives of NNL/NG under the direction of the Biodiversity Manager for Wetlands/Forests Pillars of the Tilenga Biodiversity Program
- Work with partners and experts to identify and roll out collaborative forestry management program(s) and local/national wetland user groups/freshwater programs and ensure the design, implementation and monitoring of program activities are in accordance with the biodiversity program targets, aligned with regional sustainable development planning and national policy.
- Contribute in development and revision of key guiding documents such as the Biodiversity Ecosystem Services Action Plan and associated documentation
- Contribute as a specialist in the development of the regional cumulative impacts management strategy particularly in relation to forests and wetland activities including input to the landscape wide chimpanzee action plan
- Provide local support to TEPU Business Development and HQ NBS unit in designing and roll out of identified NBS opportunities ensuring that objectives of the Tilenga Biodiversity program and NBS teams are aligned
- Support the mapping of conservation activities including REDD+, CFM, wetlands, Carbon sequestration and NBS activities along Lake Albert and Budongo/Bugoma forest corridor
- Coordinate with other agencies and partners to obtain lessons learned and gain understanding of best practice in relation to sustainable wetland use specific to the wetlands of Lake Albert and Murchison Falls Albert Delta Wetland System.
- Participate in planning and execution of forest restoration activities to be undertaken by identified partners ensuring that restoration is appropriately done to allow viable re-vegetation and to maintain the ecological integrity.
- Participate in planning and execution activities aimed at promoting sustainable use of wetland areas
- Participate in the development of key monitoring and evaluation criteria for forests and wetlands pillars and review data to identify trends and ensure that adaptive management is undertaken
- Contribute to the identification and roll out of community conservation activities for
- Take regular part in gathering data in-line with agreed protocols e.g., monitoring of chimpanzees and other habitat/species specific surveys and make constructive suggestions on how to improve these as and when appropriate- both directly when in the field, and indirectly when working with partners.
- Support in developing an open and constructive relationship with UNRA, NFA and UWA to ensure that impacts associated with road traffic on R2/R3 road corridors are minimized and actions identified to contribute to positive outcomes
- Help to identify, and devise win-win solutions to, operational/ conservation/ wildlife tourism issues.
- Help ensure that appropriate specific, realistic, and robust risk assessments are developed for the field team, and by the contractors for their activities, working in conjunction with the relevant Biodiversity Field Superintendent.
- Contribute to producing internal and external publications
Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues and in particular ones associated with biodiversity, whether legislative or best practice. Train staff at all levels in biodiversity issues and responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Science, in Environmental Science with a bias in Ecology, Zoology or Conservation Biology A post graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least 5 year’s professional experience in a field related to natural resource management, climate change, ecosystem-based management, green and nature-based enterprises
- Experience in biodiversity offsetting in a large-scale development is highly desirable
- Proven practical experience in CFM, NBS context is an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of both National and International environmental legislations, and International best practices/standards e.g., IFC, IUCN Green Lis etc.
- Practical experience of undertaking or participating in ESIAs is an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Strong report writing and analytical skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-NGF- NET GAIN ENGINEER – FORESTS/NBS”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 18TH August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.