JOB TITLE: SCAFFOLDERS
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Scaffolders to work in Nairobi.
We are looking for a talented metal fabricator to build high-quality metal components for our clients. As a metal fabricator, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products. You may also be required to set up fabricating machines and design custom templates.
To ensure success as a metal fabricator, you should have advanced knowledge of industrial metalwork, a good eye for detail, and excellent mathematical skills. Ultimately, a top-class metal fabricator expertly constructs high-quality products to exact specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fixing the scaffolding to the building or structure to make it more stable, using short ‘tie tubes’
- Laying planks (battens) across the scaffolding for workers to walk on
- Putting up the scaffolding poles (standards) and attaching the horizontal tubes (ledgers) to them with couples
- Unloading scaffolding equipment at the site
- Fixing guard rails and safety netting
- Taking down the scaffolding after a job is finished.
- Setting base plates on the ground at regular intervals (these stop the upright poles slipping)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Scaffolding experience
- Must have a “safety first” attitude and strong mechanical skills.
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Physical fitness
- Good sense of balance.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.